The 10 Most Popular Dog Breeds on Instagram
So what are the 10 most popular dog breeds on Instagram?
1. Labrador Retriever: Friendly, lovable and outgoing, Labs are the perennial number one choice for pet parents, so it’s no coincidence that they’re the number-one Instagram doggie, too!
2. Pug: Pugs are charming, mischievous and their facial expressions are priceless. Pugs darling expressions often remind us of people we know.
3. Bulldog: Playful and alert, the bulldog—from those dear little Frenchie versions to the formidable English Bulldog—rocks funny hats and accessories like no other pooch.
4. Terrier: Terriers exert personality and then some! Clever, lively and super energetic they are the go-to stars not only for Instagram, but movies and TV, too.
5. Chihuahua: Stars of movie (Legally Blonde) and TV (Taco Bell), the Chihuahua’s tiny stature and huge warm eyes, not to mention the way she rides shotgun in your purse, really ups the awww factor.
6. Husky: The Husky is the king of outdoor living. He’s loyal, dignified and looks amazing on a mountaintop no matter what the season. And we can't get enough of those baby blues!
7. German Shepherd: German Shepherds are the epitome of loyalty and nobility and seem to embody courage and dignity. Maybe that's why they're sometimes called America’s finest.
8. Pit Bull: Americans are split on Pit Bulls, but there's no debate about their place on Instagram. Pit Bull puppies are especially popular, along with Pits in funny T–shirts, Pits with jeweled collars and Pits in paper hats!
9. Golden Retriever: Is it their silky golden fur, their unflappable friendliness or their innate goofiness that makes Golden Retrievers so imminently Instagramable? Who cares, when they are definitely lovable!
10. Mixed Breed: The "doggie next door" that everyone loves. Never outdone by their purebred cousins, they are their own special brand of completely adorable, heart-tugging and sweetly delightful mutt.