Helpful Apps for Pet Parents
As you rely more and more on smartphones and tablets, you can also tap technology for your pet's every needs. Need help remembering kitty's next vaccination or where to find a dog-friendly cafe? Yep, there's an app for that! Download these free pet apps for fun, fitness and key helpers at your fingertips (available for both iOs and Android unless noted).
• MapMyDogWalk: Like your wireless wearable device that measures daily steps, this fitness tracker logs your dog's walk duration, speed and pace, workout routes and history.
• Pet First Aid: From the Red Cross for pet health emergencies, these step-by-step instructions show treatments—with videos and illustrations—for bites, bleeding, broken bones, CPR and more, then locates the closest vet or hospital.
• Bring Fido: Take your dog or cat on vacation with this pet-friendly directory of hotels, restaurants, parks, beaches, trails, attractions and events. Also lists flight and fee policies, services, and lets you book reservations (online or iOS).
• Rover: Need a sitter to feed your cat, walk your dog, provide day care or house sit? Pick a local profile, schedule a time and receive a detailed report with updates and photos.
• Crazy Cat (Android): Release your inner video gamer cat. Kitties bat at a mouse, lizard or butterfly on the screen to score. Games for Cats (iPad): A laser dot dances around for an endless chase. Add critters or let your feline create art!
• DoggyDatez: A social media platform for pups. Schedule a playdate and discover new parks and furry friends (by gender, age or breed) and play suggested games together.