Do It Yourself Birthday Party for your Dog
Throwing a well-deserved birthday bash for your fur baby can be a joyful occasion for everyone, and a great way to bring friends and family in on the fun. Here's a quick and easy list to make preparing the day as easy as cake. Just be sure that all treats and toys are dog-safe and meant for canines of all ages and sizes.
Make a guest list
Whether it’s just family or your dog’s play pals, make sure all the dogs know each other and that the two-legged guests are dog-friendly, too!
Create your own or use any of the free invites available on the Web. Be sure to specify time, date and who’s invited.
Decide on a theme
It’s easy to coordinate all the moving parts around a theme, here are some favorites:
- Canine Corral. Each dog gets his own bandana, and set up a chuck wagon buffet of doggie treats, like Nutrish Sausage Bites, Turkey Bacon, Burger Bites or more.
- Beach Blanket Besties. No need for waves, just fill up a wading pool, fire up the grill and keep it cool.
- Prince and Princess. What’s cuter than selfies with dogs wearing paper crowns?
Plan fun doggie games
- Ultimate Frisbee. Dogs love frisbees, and pet parents love pictures of dogs chasing frisbees!
- Fetch. For the retrievers and competitors in your group who can’t get enough of this classic game.
- Balls. All shapes and all sizes for the dogs to chase and chew.
- Scavenger Hunt. Bury beef bones or dog treats around the yard and enjoy the search!
Bake a canine cake and dog treats
This is your Instagram moment: the birthday girl eating her cake! There are recipes on the web for dog-approved cakes or pick up a cake mix at your local pet store.
- Pupsicles. Fill a popsicle tray with low-sodium chicken broth, freeze and serve.
- PupCakes. Fill a muffin tin with dog-approved cake batter and bake. No icing required!
Make goody bags
Send every fur baby home with a new treat, toy or a coupon toward the dog groomer.
Because it happens...hand out pooper bags right from the start!